Views: 45 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-06-27 Origin: Site
Custom 3d printing is a kind of rapid prototyping technology, based on digital model files, using powdered metal or plastic and other bondable materials to construct objects by printing layer by layer.
3d printing service is usually realized by using digital technology material printers. It is often used to make models in mold manufacturing, industrial design and other fields, and then gradually used in the direct manufacturing of some products. There are already parts printed using this technology. The technology has applications in jewelry, footwear, industrial design, architecture, engineering and construction (AEC), automotive, aerospace, dental and medical industries, education, geographic information systems, civil engineering, guns, and other fields.
What are the characteristics of 3D printing?
1. High precision. At present, the accuracy of 3D printing equipment can basically be controlled below 0.3mm.
2. Short cycle. 3D printing does not require a mold making process, which greatly shortens the production time of the model. Generally, a model can be printed in a few hours or even tens of minutes.
3. It can be personalized. 3D printing has no limit on the number of printed models, no matter one or more models can be produced at the same cost.
4. Diversity of materials. A 3D printing system can often achieve printing of different materials, and the diversity of this material can meet the needs of different fields.
5. The cost is relatively low. Although 3D printing systems and 3D printing materials are now more expensive, if they are used to make personalized products, their production costs are relatively low.
What are the advantages of 3D printing?
1. Save materials. There is no need to remove scraps, which improves the utilization rate of materials, and reduces the cost by abandoning the production line;
2. It can achieve high precision and high complexity, and can manufacture very complicated parts that cannot be manufactured by traditional methods;
3. Without traditional tools, fixtures, machine tools or any molds, you can directly generate physical products from 3D CAD graphics of any shape of the computer;
4. It can automatically, quickly, directly and accurately convert the three-dimensional design in the computer into a physical model, and even directly manufacture parts or molds, thereby effectively shortening the product development cycle;
5. 3D printing does not require a centralized and fixed manufacturing workshop, and has the characteristics of distributed production;
6. 3D printing can take shape in a few hours, it allows designers and developers to achieve a leap from floor plan to physical;
7. It can print assembled products, thus reducing assembly costs and even challenging mass production methods.